I set up Jane Secker Consultancy in May 2017 and have delivered copyright training and consultancy work for organisations such as: CILIP, University of the Arts London, University of Aberdeen, CityLit, DEFRA, Scottish Academic Libraries Training Cooperative Group and many more. References available on request.
In this capacity I run a number of one day training courses for librarians, learning technologists, teachers and lecturers in the field of copyright and new technologies, for organisations such as CILIP and in a freelance capacity. Some of my training and research consultancy is delivered in partnership with Chris Morrison.
Recent courses and consultancy include:
- Copyright and online learning in a time of transition – dealing with copyright issues since the pandemic – this is in conjunction with the free webinar series I run with Chris Morrison
- Introduction to Copyright: works, usages, licences and exceptions using Copyright the Card game
- Introduction to open access and scholarly communication using The Publishing Trap
- Developing a Copyright Literacy strategy
- Approaches to Teaching Information Literacy (in conjunction with Sarah Pavey)
- Copyright and E-learning
- From E-learning to M-Learning
- Copyright and social media
- Copyright, IPR issues and lecture recording.
I also have experience of facilitating workshops on:
- Creative and playful approaches to education (based on my experience of developing resources such as Copyright the Card Game and the Publishing Trap),
- Reviewing and auditing information and digital literacy within an institution
- Introduction to information and digital literacy and embedding these in the curriculum
- Using technologies in teaching, including designing online and blended learning.
I also undertake research on a freelance consultancy basis in the field of information literacy, digital literacy, copyright education, open access, scholarly communication, copyright and new technologies.
Please get in touch via the form if you wish to find out more. References are available on request.